Mrs. VanMeter is a vital member of our South Harrison staff. As the Student Advocate, Mrs. VanMeter works with students to help meet any educational or life needs that arise. She will ensure students and families will get the help and resources they need to engage in a positive learning experience.
Below you will find helpful resources and contact information for Mrs. VanMeter.
- Crisis Line for Mental Health/Suicide https://988lifeline.org
- Nationwide Crisis Line and helpline for services https://namimissouri.org/resources/helpline/
- Department of Mental health Crisis helpline and substance abuse helpline 24/7 Crisis help line= 988 (can call, text, or chat) or
- Mental Health providers:
- Bethany Counseling Center: 660-425-6151
- Finding help for Bethany, Missouri and surrounding area for (Food pantry, Second Harvest, Emergency Food assistance), Housing Assistance, Health Care Needs, Transportation Assistance (Oats Medicaid transport), Financial Assistance, and Legal Aide to name a few at: https://www.findhelp.org/search_results/64424
- Helpful resources for parents:
Mrs. VanMeter works closely with the counselors and staff at all 3 buildings and has a Student Referral Form on Student Sites and a Referral Form on Teacher Sites.
Parents can reach Mrs. VanMeter at:
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office number: 660-425-7467 ext. 1164 or can call the Middle School without the extension and ask Cheri to locate what school she is at if needed.